Bitcoin Angel Investor
I'm currently involved in numerous Bitcoin related projects. Bitcoin is the most important invention in the history of the world since the internet. If you don't already know about it, google it. Useful Bitcoin related links:
How I came to be a voluntaryist.
Archive of presentations slides click here
858 Zenway Blvd
Frigate Bay, St. Kitts
Biography of Roger Ver
In 1999 Roger began his career by founding MemoryDealers.com at the age of nineteen while still attending college. Under his leadership the company quickly grew to become a market leader, employing dozens of people across the world and generating millions of dollars in revenue. MemoryDealers is still in business to this very day with a team of happy people around the world.
In 2005 Roger saw an opportunity in the market for fibre optic transceivers used in networking subsystems, so he founded Agilestar.com. Agilestar went on to become a world leader in optical transceivers used by fortune 100 companies around the world. To this very day thousands of Agilestar transceivers are sold to customers around the world each year, and thousands more can be found on secondary marketplaces like Ebay.com
In 2011 Roger heard about Bitcoin for the first time. The price was still under one U.S. Dollar each, but he already knew that it was one of the most important inventions in the history of humankind. His company Memorydealers became the first established business in the world to start accepting Bitcoin for payments. Roger then went on to become the first person in the world to start investing in Bitcoin startups. He nearly single handedly funded the entire first generation of Bitcoin and Blockchain businesses including Bitcoin.com, Blockchain.com, Bitpay.com, Kraken.com, purse.io, and many many more. Those businesses have gone on to raise hundreds of millions of additional funding, and serve tens of millions of customers around the world. Subsequent investors in the companies that Roger helped provide the seed funding for have been people such as Sir Richard Branson, Virgin, Google Ventures, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Founders Fund, and many more. Roger has devoted his full time attention to Bitcoin and blockchains ever since.
- Memorydealers is a world leader in the secondary market for Cisco related memory, transceivers and accessories.
- Agilestar is a world leader in fiber optic transceivers with happy customers in nearly every country in the world.
- Bitcoinstore.com was the first website in the world to accept Bitcoin payments for more than half a million consumer electronics items.
- BitcoinStore was a major contributing factor to traditional merchants like NewEgg, Overstock, and Tiger Direct to start accepting Bitcoin.
- Blockchain.info is the world’s most popular Bitcoin and Ethereum wallet.
- It is responsible for more Bitcoin transactions than all other wallets combined.
- Roger invested in Blockchain when it was still being run on a Mac Mini from the bedroom of the founder who was still living at home with his parents.
- Domain name was purchased in 2014 for an undisclosed sum, but it is considered to be one of top twenty most expensive domain sales of all time.
- In 2015 Roger began managing the domain himself, and in less than two years has grown it to one of the top 5,000 websites in the world, with more than 3,000,000 weekly unique visitors.
- Currently the team consists of about fourty full time people, but Roger expects that to grow to nearly a hundred within the next year.
Other awards & accomplishments
- Donated over $1,000,000 to the Foundation for Economic Education
- Donated over $250,000 to anti drug war causes
- Donated over $100,000 to AntiWar.com
- Fluent in Japanese
- Brazilian Jujitsu Brown Belt
- Has been the subject of numerous books and documentaries.
Has been featured on news programs around the world:
- Al Jazeera
- Wall Street Journal
- New York Times
Ripple Labs is committed to a simple, global, and open currency and payment system. The team developed the Ripple protocol and its distributed payment network, and now works to support and promote its growth.
Blockchain.info is Bitcoin's most popular bitcoin wallet and block explorer. As of January 2013 the site has over 110,000 registered users.
Bitpay is the leading payment service provider (PSP) specializing in the peer-to-peer virtual currency Bitcoin which provides for instantaneous transactions from anywhere in the world with no risk of fraud or chargebacks.
ShapeShift is a new piece of infrastructure in Bitcoinland. It is how digital currency exchange should work. From start to finish you can change currencies in under ten seconds, no account required.
Huge savings for spending bitcoins on Amazon! Buy BTC with a credit card. Zero fees. Zero verification time.
Forex meets Bitcoin Exchange. A new standard for secure, feature-rich Bitcoin trading
Buy and trade Bitcoin on the premier platform built for active traders. Coinsetter is a secure Bitcoin trading platform with tools for serious forex traders.
Truthcoin attempts to create a trustless oracle, which reliably absorbs accurate data into a blockchain for use in Prediction Markets.
Safello. Buy Bitcoins, quick and simple
Rapidly prototype, build, test and deploy your bitcoin-enabled web and mobile apps. LUXSTACK is a powerful development environment and multi-platform SDKs that lets you focus on building amazing products.
Acquire a Second Citizenship and Passport using Bitcoins
Bitcoin Bounty Hunt is a new service that allows people to anonymously crowd source bounties to catch a particular criminal.
KryptoKit, powerful tools in a simple, custom browser exenstion.
A human-friendly digital currency wallet for multiple plaforms
Raise money with bitcoins. It's easy to start a fundraising campaign using our widget creator. Within three steps you'll be on your way to stacking chips!
Coin Spectator Interview with Bitcoin Investor Roger Ver Read more →
CNBC How The Man Nicknamed 'Bitcoin Jesus' Became A Virtual Currency Millionaire Read more →
CNBC Meet 'Bitcoin Jesus,' a virtual currency millionaire Read more →
CoinDesk.com Roger Ver, ???Bitcoin Jesus???, Makes Largest Ever Bitcoin Donation of $1m Read more →
CoinDesk.com CoinDesk talks with Roger Ver, ???Bitcoin Jesus??? #Bitcoin2013 Read more →
TechCrunch.com BitPay Banks $510K In Investment To Become PayPal for Bitcoin, Already Has 2,100 Businesses On Board Read more →
TechCrunch.com 30 Days In, Bitcoin Angel Group BitAngels Doubles Network To 120, Puts First $100K Into Seasteading Venture, Blueseed Read more →
TechCrunch.com With PayPal-Like Ambitions For Bitcoin, BitPay Raises $2M Led By Founders Fund Read more →
BitcoinMagazine.com Roger Ver: ???For the first time in history, anyone can transact with anyone else, anywhere in the world??? Read more →
Meet 'Bitcoin Jesus' This Is My Life's Calling Video Bloomberg
Bitcoin: $1,000,000 Bet Final Update!
The Pros & Cons of Bitcoin - LeWeb London 2013
Should Bitcoin Be Regulated?